Feedback from some of our Clients in 2019, was that it was one of toughest years for a long time.
An expected burst of activity after the elections in May 2019 did not eventuate for many organizations. Retail and Automotive including Trucks saw massive declines in Revenue. Some Mining clients experienced the reverse and enjoyed sales growth last year.
When we contacted the C Level Executives for many of these organizations for comment, we were told to expect “head Count” reductions for 2020.
Our advice to all organisations in 2020 is as follows:
- Do not reduce head count in the area of client acquisition and certainly not in the account management areas. To reduce sales effort in a cooling economy would be a disastrous decision as it is in these times that we need to build opportunity Vs, ceasing sales acquisition activity. It is a possibility that your client’s level of sales growth will diminish or move into the negative area; hence we need to continue building. In addition, clients and prospects respect your “sales efforts” and “presence“ in a cooling market. You will be the first person they call when the economy starts to move again.
- Account Management: Guard your existing clients this year, in fact, apply more effort than ever before. Work your account management plan and find out what your client’s vulnerabilities are and attempt to work solutions that can assist them meeting their own targets. Remember the words of Zig Ziglar: “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want”.
- Ensure your sales team is developed on a regular basis – the sales team will require heaps of support, motivation, training and encouragement in these times. Some of our clients who are the market leaders continually train their sales team. They are offered generous dollars for ongoing sales training each and every year.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings and regularly review each member’s sales pipeline. It is preferable to have less sales opportunities in your pipeline having a higher probability, than what is often the case, a large list of opportunities with uncertain percentages of probability.
- “Windscreen Time” is the time you spend on the road with your sales team. This time is valuable as it allows you to develop your team member whilst conducting joint sales calls. This is one of the most important development strategies that Sales Manager leave out of their routine, but one of the strategies that will go a long way to assisting you in increasing sales.
If you are wanting 2020 to be the year of sales growth and more profit, then consider Sales Training Brisbane, Sales Training Sydney, Sales Training Melbourne, Sales Training Adelaide, and Sales Training Perth. Our Sales Training Programs are proven over 30 years in the Australia Marketplace and will offer a sales methodology that will benefit your team for many years to come.
Contact George Manolis at Synergy For Success for more information on how Sales Training can assist your organisation in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth Adelaide and Darwin.
Contact us now on 1300 791 571. Ask for George Manolis